Lab09: Formatting Disk (revision 141117-r01KI)¶
- If you need to re-check tut orials from previous labs, please access Tutorial Quick Links.
- You may use Linux or Windows for this lab.
- Do you still remember that in the beginning of the semester we were using Tiny Core in Virtual Box? It's time to use it again. Open your previously saved Tiny Core ova file in Virtual Box.
- Your file has already gone without trace? I thought so, just download a new Tiny Core ova in the Download Page.
- You forgot the way to activate your ova in Virtual Box? Typical, please see the Tiny Core Points again.
- You're confused on what am I discussing of? Horray! Go ahead and access Tutorial Quick Links on the Resource point above.
- Do this tutorial in your Tiny Core.
- Login into Tiny Core, then open Terminal.
- Enter your KELAS/NPM directory , then make Lab09 directory inside. For example my KELAS is TESTING and my NPM is 1202000818, replace it with your class (INT142) and student ID.
$ mkdir -p TESTING/1202000818/ $ cd TESTING/1202000818/ $ mkdir Lab09 $ cd Lab09
- Do the following to prepare the examination:
$ wget http://opendata.ui.ac.id/os/UPDATE.xtc $ chmod +x UPDATE.xtc $ ./UPDATE.xtc $ rm -f UPDATE.xtc
- Open new Tab for Terminal with <Ctrl> <Shift> <t>
- Do the following and input your SIAK's password if asked.
- Get your token for your work today.
- Please create "catat-Lab09.txt" with contents:
ZCZC [KELAS] TGS LAB09 [TANGGAL] ZCZC [TOKEN] LOG [KETERANGAN]
Change [KELAS] with your class, [TANGGAL] with today's date with format DD-MM-YY, [TOKEN] with your token, and [KETERANGAN] with short explanation.
ZCZC TESTING TGS LAB09 11-11-2014 ZCZC NO4LAY LOG So this is how to format hard disk!
- Record all output in your tutorial.
$ script -a catat-Lab09.txt
- Listen to the Tutorial about RAID.
- Do the Disk Formatting tutorial.
- Stop recording output on all Terminal windows.
Examination and Submission¶
- Execute genbio script
- Do md5sum Tutorial.
- Do Examination Tutorial.
- Exit from Lab09 directory, then create a file named KELAS-NPM-Lab09.tar.bz2 contains Lab09 directory and its content. For example my KELAS is TESTING and my NPM is 1202000818, change with your KELAS (REG142, EXT142, INT142) and your student ID.
$ cd .. $ tar cvjf TESTING-1202000818-Lab09.tar.bz2 Lab09/
- Do Assignment Submission in Scele to submit your compressed archive contains:
- Exit Tiny Core by choosing Backup option, then export your Tiny Core to be brought again next week.
- You don't know how? Just see in Tiny Core points on the Quick Links Tutorial.
- This marks the end of the tutorial today.