Lab 02 - Geany, GnuPG, Scripting (revision 150916-r01)¶
- Have you joined SCELE Operating Systems?
- Have you joined SCELE Arsip?
- Report through SCELE Technical Problem should you find any problems!
- Remember, Uncle G is your friend!
- You may use your own laptop or Lab's computer to do the tasks.
- Boot up Ubuntu from your flashdisk and login into your account.
- Create KELAS/NPM/Lab02 directory. For example my KELAS is TESTING and my NPM is 1202000818, replace it with your class (REG, INT, MTX) and student ID.
$ mkdir -p TESTING/1202000818/Lab02 $ cd TESTING/1202000818/Lab02/
- Do the following to prepare the examination:
$ wget http://opendata.ui.ac.id/os/UPDATE.x $ chmod +x UPDATE.x $ ./UPDATE.x $ rm -f UPDATE.x
- Open Geany and find out how to:
- set gcc compiler and executor to be usable using buttons directly in Geany.
- set Java compiler and executor to be usable using buttons directly in Geany.
- Write a simple "Hello, World!" program in C/C++ using Geany. The source name is Hello.c and the executable is Hello.
- Create your GnuPG key using these details:
- RSA & RSA encryption method, 4096 bit long
- 6 months key validity
- Name: your complete name
- Email: your UI email
- Comment: any comment (example: "studying OS super dooper easy!")
- List your key so that you can be sure that it's been generated.
- Submit your GnuPG key to opendata server.
- Do the Scripting Tutorial.
- Now do the Scripting Problem.
- Create a pdf document named Lab02.pdf that explains:
- Steps to set Geany button shortcut for gcc and Java compiler and executor.
- Steps to create and list GnuPG key.
Remember that each group should create one pdf document that will be submitted by each team members. Make sure that you put the Group Name and details of the team members into the document.
- Execute genbio script
- Do md5sum Tutorial.
- Do Examination Tutorial.
- Put all your files and documents in KELAS-NPM-Lab02.tar.bz2 archive. Replace KELAS with your class (REG, INT, MTX), NPM with your student ID.
- Submit your document to Scele. Each person should submit:
- That's it, folks. Have fun for the rest of the week.