Lab 00 - Partition, YUMI and Live (revision 150831-r01)¶
- Have you joined SCELE Operating Systems?
- Have you joined SCELE Arsip?
- Report through SCELE Technical Problem should you find any problems!
- Remember, Uncle G is your friend!
- Please make sure that you have received a flash disk for tutorial. Flash disk should already been distributed in the end of the first class schedule.
- You may use your own laptop or Lab's computer to do the tasks. If you decide to use your own laptop, please download MiniTool Partition Wizard and YUMI 22.214.171.124.
- Make sure you have grouped with your fellow students. Remember the minimum is 2, maximum 4.
- Please create three partitions in your flash disk with this configuration:
- first partition: file system FAT32, size 3,5 GB (3584 MB).
- Second partition: file system swap, size 64 MB.
- Third partition: file system ext4, size the rest of the flash disk's capacity.
Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to do the task.
- Please install YUMI to the first partition of the flash disk with persistence 2547 MB. Use provided Ubuntu iso (ubuntu-14.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso) as the distro that will be run live.
- Create a text file in the root folder of the first partition named MYDATA.txt. It should contain these text:
NAME YOUR_NAME NPM YOUR_NPM CLASS YOUR_CLASS
- Set your boot priority to USB and boot from the live disk.
- Don't forget to take a note on your findings to the task above.
- Create a pdf document that explain these two things:
- Steps to partition a flash disk using MiniTool Partition Wizard,
- Steps to install Ubuntu Live ISO in YUMI.
Remember that each group should submit only one pdf document. Make sure that you put the details of the team members into the document.
- Submit your group's document to Scele. Each group should only submit once.
- Each student must also contact an assistant to give demo on his/her live USB.
- That's it, folks. Have fun for the rest of the week.