Export changed Tiny Core from Virtual Box¶
- We've just changed the default tc password. We will transport Tiny Core using ova file so that we can always open Tiny Core with our own password to whichever computer we use. To keep all the changes we've backed up when shutting down Tiny Core, we will export the Tiny Core to an ova file.
- To export, click File -> Export Appliance.
- Appliance Export Wizard window will appear. We will be asked to choose which virtual machine to be exported. Currently there is only one virtual machine, which is CorePlus that we used. It will be automatically highlighted. Click Next.
- We will be directed to Appliance Export Settings page. Mark Write legacy OVF 0.9 and Write Manifest file. In File field, click Choose and choose your location to save the ova file and write your file name, for example CorePlus_YourNameHere. Click Save. Click Next.
- We don't need to change anything in the next page. Click Export.
- Virtual Box will export your virtual machine in an ova file. Now you can continue working using your Tiny Core in other computers and laptops and still retain your password and settings.