Multi Level Process Scheduling (revision 160216-r01)¶
Return to Lab 02
- Make sure X11 forwarding is enabled in the ssh configuration and you are using additional args -X in the ssh connection. For more information, please read man ssh.
- Download the files needed today:
- Download the simulation file:
- Run Simulation Program:
java -jar cpu.jar
- Open File -> Open Data Source -> Choose File jobQueue.dat
- Open Option -> Choose Show hidden
- Choose Process Scheduling Algorithm by clicking Options -> Algorithm -> Choose appropriate Algorithm
- For Shortest Job First and Priority Algorithm you can select Preemptive or not by clicking Options -> Preemption
- Do the Simulation by clicking Check Box which is in the bottom mid of the simulation window.
- Your task is to do the simulation for these algorithms:
- Students with even-ending student ID do FCFS Algorithm while students with odd-ending student ID do Round Robin Algorithm.
- Students with the last student ID digit less than 5 (means 5 is NOT included) do simulation with Normal Priority, while students with the last student ID digit more than or equal to 5 (means 5 is included) do simulation with Preemptive Algorithm.
- Student with the last digit student ID 0,1,3,4,7 do simulation with Normal Shortest Job First while student with the last digit 2,5,6,8,9 do simulation with Preemptive Shortest Job First.
- Each student will do three simulations above and write the result on WHAT-IS-THIS.txt file.
- In the end of each simulation, add your explanation about the algorithm that you used in the text file.
- This is the end of Multi Level Process Scheduling Task.
Return to Lab 02
Return to Wiki