MD5SUM Tutorial (revision 120912-r02KI)¶
- Let's check all the files that we created in Lab01 directory.
$cd .. $ cd Lab01/ $ ls -al
- We have made some text files and some scripts.
- We will make MD5SUM of all files that's in today's lab. This file will later be verified with your own gpg key.
$ md5sum *.* > MD5SUM $ md5sum -c MD5SUM $ gpg --output MD5SUM.asc -ba MD5SUM $ gpg --verify MD5SUM.asc
- Take note that *.* can be changed to anything as you need, for example *.txt, dirlist.txt, etc
- There will be 2 files you've made, MD5SUM and MD5SUM.asc.
- Add those files to your repository.
$ svn add MD5SUM MD5SUM.asc $ svn commit -m "submit MD5SUM"
This marks the end of MD5SUM tutorial.